The first pic I attempted the ol' lemon juice trick many of us did as kids. To heat, simply use your heat tool. Yes, I know lemon juice is acidic and we try to go with acid free techniques. But I will spray with Krylons "Make It Acid Free" and hope for the best! The left side came out, but the right side not, really. Still, I love the effect:
Torn pages of an old dictionary and inked with Walnut Stain distress ink:
Burlap from Canvas Corp. It comes in two 12x12 pieces sewn together. I separated the two pieces and cut the one so it would fit on my page. There was a little bit of space so I put some more dictionary page pieces in there. I didn't know what I was going to do with the burlap when I began so the dictionary page pieces provided some inspiration. Next, I got out a used piece of my Tim Holtz letters and used it as a mask and sprayed with Glimmer Mist:
Next is canvas, by Canvas Corp. It comes the same way as the burlap discussed above. Only this time I used a scrap piece of DCVW paper with white core I had in my personal stash. It was already punched, Fiskars Leave it to Weaver, which made it all the more ready for me. It was screaming "please use me"! Originally I tore it, but when I saw the white core, I thought 'nah'. Now I wish I kept it that way.
I used a Martha Stewart punch to create a mask for the right side and sprayed with Glimmer Mist using a piece of paper to cover the left side so it too did not get sprayed. That's why I wish I went with my first impression: to tear the paper with the white core because the white core would have gotten colored by the spray. No worries! I can still do that on another page.
Anyway, before the ink could dry I laid a paper towel over it and used my brayer to soak up the excess ink for a soft look. The paper towel bunched up on me which created a look I'll have to try on another page; an unintended consequence, lol. Hmm, maybe I'll go back with my Un-du and try that paper part again (tearing the paper):
thanks for looking! Check back tomorrow!