pink

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Smash Book part 15

Today I played around with my embossing powder a little bit. The photos don't really do the pages any justice;  you really need to see them in person and feel. The first one is with acrylic pain, inked stamp, and using a stencil on the edge with embossing powder:


Remember the bubble wrap? This time I used it with embossing glue and sprinkled with black embossing powder: 

Glimmer Mist and gesso. This was meant to be the "negative" version of a page from yesterday, but it did not come out as well as I hoped. I'm going to try something similar soon, but with dictionary paper. So don't think you're seeing double :-):

Hmm...this one did not come out as well as hoped either. Sigh! :-(: 

Ok, since I had two bummers in a row, I decided to include a bonus page. This one is Distress Stains, my Tim Holtz Stamper's Anonymous stamps, and Distress Ink. I kept the stamps on the card in their original position since the card is almost the same size as the paper I was working with. Remember, Distress Ink is reactive. So I decided to make this page interesting by using my mini-misters to spray water on it. See how the ink bleeds through the paper? It also created some water spots where the Distress Stains are. Dried with heat gun (carefully! The other side has embossing powder, lol) and inked around edges with some more Black Soot (Distress Ink): 

Come back tomorrow for more! They just keep getting better :-).

Freda

.

No comments:

Post a Comment