pink

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Day 49 - another frame

Ok, my last entry showed a couple of picture frames I made for  DH's man-cave. As some of you might recall, he would not let me put flowers and other embellies on one of the frames. So back to Ms I went to get another $1 wood frame (and some glitter, and ribbon) to make the frame all over again, the way I envisioned it.

The ribbon is from Ms; I dyed it using the Tim Holtz antique linen distress ink. Spread the ink pad on a splat mat, spritz with water, and let the ribbon soak up the dye. Repeat as necessary. If I had the new alcohol inks that would have made my life easier; so would have an appropriate color of Glimmer Mist; but I don't have either. So I dyed it this way. 


I used Beacon's 3 in 1 glue to adhere the ribbon around the edge. The pearls and flowers are Prima.

Doesn't it look so much nicer than DH's frame? I showed him my finished look, hoping to persuade him to accept the one with the embellies and flowers. He liked my new one, BUT, not only did I get a no, I got a HELL NO! Sigh...


3 comments:

  1. i dont think you needed the appropriate mist or alcohol inks! Just beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the blinged up version! Just lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are gorgeous, Freda!! Tell your hubby his are okay too.......but they must have bling! ;o)

    ReplyDelete