pink

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

new look! (sort of)

As some of you can see I've been giving my blog a little facelift! I am still working on it and the original website, www.scraparama.com, will eventually be pointed toward the blog. It's less work for me! The website URL is great for attracting more traffic on the internet, but I don't need to spend my time maintaining both a website and a blog; not when I have tabs that customers, potential students, and looky loos, can click on.

My next step is to change the color of the tabs so they match the color scheme of the blog. I also need to center the tab bar. Then I'll get to work on the shopping section of my website. It's very tedious work! The shopping cart software wants me to enter in every single detail for every single item and product I carry! PHEW! But once it's done, it's done! Pretty soon all you'll have to do is click on the shopping tab and shop to your heart's delight!

Another reason why I decided to build my website this way (at least for now; who knows if I'll later change my mind, lol) is so companies I deal with and buy from, can get an idea of how many followers are on this blog. You may not necessarily be customers of mine, and I'm not going to insist on it, but it's the same old numbers game. I can also make sure that customers are visiting the blog, regardless if they follow, so they can stay updated on what's going on, and maybe get inspired by some of the projects and layouts I post here.

OK! back to creating!

Freda

No comments:

Post a Comment