pink

Thursday, February 16, 2012

And now for something completely different

Yes, I'm a Monty Python fan. But that's not what this post is all about. I've been taking a class on porcelain painting for a year now. So I thought it was time to share some of that with my readers.

Don't worry, I'm still very much devoted to scrapbooking. In fact, I used a recipe card stamp of mine on one of my current painting projects. Yup. I painted the stamp and placed it in the center of a series of plates I'm working on:


I have five of these plates I bought for $4 each from my paint instructor. My intent was to have them painted in time for Christmas, hand write the recipe on the plate, bake the recipe, and give it all, goodies and plate, as a gift. Unfortunately, I did not have time to paint poinsettias and leaves around the edge of 5 plates before Christmas came and passed. But now I have all year. And I've already completed 3 plate (2 are shown below):


Obviously I need to define the recipe card lines a little better. The plate is concaved in the center and it was enough that I peeled off the stamp from the wood piece and then stamped (carefully). I now need to fire the plates and then I will move on to painting the leaves. In case you're wondering, I used porcelain paint on the stamp, not ink.

Thank you for looking!

Freda

.

No comments:

Post a Comment