pink

Thursday, February 23, 2012

My Alcohol Ink experiment

First I started with an empty can of my favorite chocolate. Unfortunately, Ms no longer sells the tin cans I want. I heard HL has them so I will check next time I'm out that way. These cans will do for what I want, but in the meantime I thought I would see how well Alcohol Ink will cover up the print:


I chose my first weapon:


Hmm...not quite. Nice tint but I want the ink to cover everything: 


Tried a darker color: 


Sigh...


Even darker (and fingers crossed): 


Grrr!


Now I've pulled out the big guns, BLACK:


Needless to say, I will not be painting my can black. I bought 3 cans of Pirouette with the intent to do a shabby chic look on them with old paper I have stashed away. Stay tuned!

Tomorrow: back to the Smash Book project.

Freda
.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for giving this and try and sharing it. I'm looking forward to seeing your smash book. I just started one myself to document my 5k runs this year.

    -tami
    scrappinrabbitdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete