pink

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

A different way to give a gift card

Yeah, yeah, I know it's been a while. You have no idea how busy it's been around here at home. It seems like it's been non-stop since our trip to Australia. Then I had to get ready for the holidays of course, with travel to 2 different destinations between Christmas and New Years. Came home to having to host a coffee for a women's club I belong to. I'm also the newsletter editor for the same women's club so I had to put that together. Then car shopping. Now I'm getting ready for CHA. But I'm hosting a Super Bowl party upon my return from CHA. Phew!

Ok, so I did not have time to finish up a few things prior to Christmas. One of them setting up my blog posts in advance. As some of you bloggers know there's this cool feature that allows us to post date our blog entries so it automatically posts for us. I use it often ;-). I'm using it now :-).

So, every year DH gives a gift card to a couple of relatives only because they give absolutely no clue whatsoever what they would like for Christmas. Really people, keep your Amazon wish list updated, please. Anyway, Trying to be my creative self, but having only an afternoon notice to do something (thanks DH), I did my best with what I had. I wanted to use a transparency for this project and stamp white snowflakes on it, then overlay it on the blue card stock. But I did not have any Stazon Platinum ink; all I had was the Brilliance white ink and that was taking too long to dry. Bummer. And obviously I need to place an order for the Stazon, lol.

Plan B: Stamp the blue card stock with white pigment ink and go from there. Next, I embosses a piece of white card stock and used my spellbinders scalloped rectangle to cut out a "window". The frame I created is raised using foam-dots. On the opposite site I punched four holes; you can use a Crop-a-dile to reach the creased part of the card. You'll see why later:



Now I put a piece of white card stock on the inside cover and a stamp of my choice. On the opposite side I laid down the giftcard and pulled the ribbon through the four holes I punched through. Being in a hurry, I forgot I wanted to use gift wrap ribbon and curl the ends. Oops. Anyway, as you can see, I tied the giftcard to the card:

If I had a little bit more time, there are other things I would have done. Such as sprinkle embossing powder on the front of the card to highlight the swirls better. Or maybe use my Stickles. Or use a stamp with an image and color it in with my Copics. Or my Spellbinders Poinsettia dies on the front. Maybe some more ribbon.

I think I'm going to make a few more just to have around. Of course I'll probably make a few pocket and folder versions. It really sucks having to do this at the last minute, you know? One of my New Year's resolution is to get an early start on making Christmas and various occasion cards so I have them ready. Friends and relatives sent me cards last season and I didn't have time to make them anything. Gotta change that for this year!

Enjoy!

Freda

.

No comments:

Post a Comment