Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Daily layout challenge - Day 19

Ok! Day 19 (yesterday)! How about a project? Will you let me count that?

Below are pics of some paper dolls which required my E and the Martha Stewart fringe scissors that came out last year. Believe me, my hand was sore afterwards but look at how using the scissors added texture and dimension to these projects!

On the hula girl I used jute string cut up very finely for the coconut bra. Add a little glue, like Aleene's Fast Grab and sprinkle your cut up jute string over it. Looks pretty natural, doesn't it? The flowers around her waist are stickers.

The Flapper Girl is not an image on the Cricut carts; that's something I made up using a dress on the EPDP cart; I had to cut it out a little larger than the image itself, then cut off the sleeves and trimmed the side so it was as straight as possible. The hat I had to improvise as well; I cut 3 one inch strips of paper and angled it as shown; then trim around the head. The bow was from the Disney cart on one of the Minnie Mouse images; cut it out twice; once for the back without the slits in the bow, 2nd time with the slits. I found a red boa in my closet and pulled out a feather for the bow on the doll and added a red rhinestone in the center of the bow. Such cuteness!

As you can see, this project required a LOT of cutting and layering. You will also need a lot of glue dots to keep the fringe from flipping up. On the Indian girl the top row as a larger margin so I could fold it over from behind and cover up the edge. I did the same thing on the Mermaid and Flapper Girl:

Don't forget I'm having another challenge here on my blog! You must be a follower to participate. Click here for details!

No comments:

Post a Comment